Wednesday, November 17, 2010

it only took 32 hours....

It only took 32 hours for me to arrive (I was like my mom before I ever let out my first cry!), but at 4:00pm on August 23rd I made my debut.  Weighing in at 6lbs 14oz and 20 1/4 inches long I overheard the nurses say I was perfect (was there any doubt?).  If you don't believe me take a look at my first official photo.




The staff in the operating room looked at my parents all funny when they said my name was Ford Frances Sullivan.  No, I was not conceived in the back of a Ford and, no, my borthers and sisters will not be named Chevy and Mercedes.  Ford is my dad's mom's maiden name and Frances was her first name.  CooCoo Nana says it sounds like a Red Carpet name....maybe one day...
If you look past the squishiness and barely open eyes, can you tell who I look like?


Four days in the hospital gave my mom a lot of time to take photos of me....


I did a whole lot of sleeping those first few days (felt kinda bad about the 32 hour thing so I gave mom some time to rest). 
My first official smile (I probably just dirtied my diaper)

Lots of people came to see me

Aunt Megan

Aunt Ellen (that chick kissed me like a million times)

Uncle Kyle

Aunt Teri (kinda convenient that she's my pediatrician too!)


Mainly I did lots of snuggling with mom and dad

I'm exhausted just rememberig those first days.  I'm gonna go get some milkies and have a little nap before I continue bringing everyone up to speed.......



3 comments:

  1. dear francy pants:
    i remember that day well too. me and your aunt ellen were doing squats in the hallway awaiting word on your arrival (and getting our glutes in shape - no rest for the weary!) and we were sooo happy when your poppa emerged with prints of your feet on his arm proclaiming he had a daughter. your momma was so brave during those hours she worked to sequeeze you out of her hooha, and she worked so hard to bring you into this world. we were all so happy to say "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little one....I can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete